Five hundred years ago, in 1517, Martin Luther nailed his 95 points of contention to the door of the Castle Church in Wittenburg, Germany. The Church was thrown into a process of change that has profoundly shaped not just the Church, but the world and the nations.
And five centuries later the process continues. As we look around the world today we see God at work. Here are just ten (among many) things we see God doing:
- Restoring Apostles and Prophets
- Restoring the Apostolic nature of Christianity
- Making the Church more relational and organic and less institutional
- The movement towards Unity is profound and shifting hearts everywhere.
- Prayer movements are shaping and changing the world.
- The concept of City Elders and city Eldership is being restored.
- The gospel is exploding in places like Africa, Asia, the Middle East, plus Central and Southern America.
- House churches are exploding as dynamic forms of Christianity are explored.
- For the first time in 1900 years, Catholics embrace vernacular language in their services and started encouraging their people to read their Bibles. (Vatican II Council)
- Church leaders of denominations are meeting and praying together.
When Jesus saved the best wine for last, he wasn't talking about just one wedding 2000 years ago. He was talking about the nature of God, and how He acts in human history.
What is God doing? He is active everywhere. Do you have the eyes to see it?
We encourage you to take time on this website to avail yourself of the many free resources here that will help you to grow in your understanding of what God is doing, and saying to the churches.